Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mr. Yann Martel, they got you all wrong!


So I grabbed The Life of Pi when I headed out the other day and read the last 20 or so pages and I have to tell you it is a really really great book. The funny thing is that the book itself is a great story that gives you an amazing perspective on religion and yet, all the praise on the back of the cover doesn't even mention that aspect. The insights that the reviewers give about the book seem to me to have been written by people who barely read the first chapter and decided to put the book down, either that or they are about as deep as a rain puddle and just didn't put any though into the book they were reviewing.

Anyways, even though the reviewers your publisher put on the back of your book might be dim and have taken different things from your writing, I'm glad you wrote this book Yann, it's a good one.

No comments: