Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Senhor Jose

I had to go by the civic center in Santa Ana today and as I looked down on the piece of paper I had written my destination I couldn't help but think about this book I read a couple of months ago. Senhor Jose works at the Hall of Records and lives right next door to them. Today I was on a mission to head out to the Hall of Finance and Records. I kept thinking of poor old Jose as I had to walk up to the various clerks there, wondering what they would have done if they were confronted by the imposing Hall of Records that Jose had to deal with, with stacks of files a hundred feet tall and the the hall itself was o complicated that clerks needed an Arachne's thread to make sure that everyone found there way back--this was installed after a researcher was lost in the Hall for two weeks and survived off cardboard.



Look at "All the Names" at Amazon.com

No comments: